Pleasanton Art League presents
Our First Art Workshop for 2021
A 3-Day Online Zoom Watercolor Workshop
Featuring: Lian Quan Zhen
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday May 25, 26, & 27, 2021 – 1:00 – 4:00pm each day.
Online Workshop via Zoom from Lian Quan Zhen’s Studio in Las Vegas, Nevada
Lian Quan Zhen is a sought-after watercolor and Chinese painting artist and teacher in the United Sates and abroad. He is also one of the most popular authors of North Light Art Books. Lian’s art credentials include the University of California at Berkeley where he taught watercolor and outdoor sketching for eight years.
Lian will teach basic techniques such as composition and color, using his unique methods including: Color Pouring and Blending and his Paint Around Method. The workshop will include demos each day with time following for each artist to learn new methods. By the end of the Zoom workshop each artist will be able to finish her/his painting or will have learned enough techniques to complete their painting on their own. Website: lianspainting.com.
This workshop will sell out FAST!
The workshop is limited to the first 24 registered participants.
Cost is $175.00 for PAL, LAA and DAC members, $200.00 for non-members.
Information to log in on Zoom will be distributed prior to the workshop.
An artist’s supplies list and information from Lian Quan Zhen will be emailed to participants prior to the workshop.
- Venue: Online via Zoom
- Address: Online via Zoom, from Las Vegas, NV.
- Starts: Tuesday, May 25, 1:00pm PDT
- Ends: Thursday, May 27, 4:00pm PDT
Registration Form link available here soon!
PAL Workshop Enrollment Policies
- The workshop fee includes a 10% non-refundable cancellation fee if a cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to the workshop. A 50% non-refundable fee if cancellation is made between 30 or 7 days.
- No refund will be made for a NO SHOW or a cancellation with less than 7 days of notice prior to the workshop.
- The workshop may be canceled at the discretion of the Workshop Chair and the PAL President if any of the following occur: there are fewer than 16 participants, the workshop is not at a financial break even point, or the workshop artist cancels. In this case, FULL refunds will be given.
- If for any reason your check or PayPal payment is rejected by your bank, PAL will ask you for a reimbursement if any fines or charges are assessed by your bank to PAL.
Other Classes and Workshops
“Shaping Tomorrow’s Visionaries”. This unique class was developed by artist Nova Starling for ages 13+ and will be taught at the Bothwell Arts Center by Anne Giancola. The five-week course will inspire participants to examine issues, develop principles and appreciate Diversity, Community, Humanity and Environment. Thursdays, 4:00 to-5:30, April 15 to May 13. https://livermorearts.org/activity/shaping-tomorrows-visionaries-2/
Art Class for Children: “Art History in Action: A Creative Approach to Art History”. Ages 5-18, Fridays, 4-5:30, monthly April-July, Bothwell Arts Center. Instructor Thomasin Dewhurst. https://livermorearts.org/activity/art-history-in-action-a-creative-approach-to-art-history-2/
Drawing Nature with Pen and Ink. Virtual class taught by Nancy Saltsman, Saturdays 12:00 to 2:00 starting April 17. https://livermorearts.org/activity/drawing-nature-with- pen-and-ink-2/.
After Bothwell reopens:
Figure Drawing Workshop, Friday mornings, 9:30 to 12:30, Bothwell Arts Center, Livermore. No instructor. Open to all artists over 18, under 18 with parental permission in writing. Professional models are from the Bay Area Models Guild and pose mostly nude, but sometimes with costumes or props. We average about 5 female models to 1 male, all different body types and ages. We start off with gestures, then two 10 minutes poses, then 20 minute poses (unless we love it and we have the model do it again). We do gestures and then one long pose on the last Friday of the month. Tables, chairs, drawing boards and table easels are provided. Bring your own standing easel and drawing/painting materials. Only odorless turpenoid please. Soft music is played. Refreshments are served. Contact Barbara Stanton for more information or to be put on the reminder list. firstname.lastname@example.org or 925 373-9638. (Holidays or other closed days are posted on www.barbarastanton.com/classes.)