Pleasanton Art League Shows
Members Show at the Firehouse
Dates to remember
- Opening Reception, Thursday, November 7, 6:00 to 8:00
- Exhibit Opens: Friday, November 8 at noon
Artwork Returned: Monday, December 16, 12:00 to 3:00 pm or Tuesday, December 17, 12:00 to 3:00 pm
- Exhibit Dates: November 8 to December 14
- Exhibit Ends: Saturday, December 14, 3:00 pm
Demo on a Wednesday? Its not too late if you would like to sign up to demo in the Harringdton Gallery on a Wednesday from 1:00 to 3:00 during the PAL show, contact Pat Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org or 925 846-4136.
Watch for an Email Announcement Regarding the Annual Museum on the Main PAL Show. It will be sent from PAL via Constant Contact.
Pleasanton Art League’s
December 2019 Mixed Media Exhibit
December 2, 2019 through December 30, 2019
Livermore Community Center, 4444 East Avenue, Livermore
Registration: Fill out application, copy for your records, and send with fee to: PAL Mixed Media Exhibit, ℅ Marion Huff, 7442 Stonedale Drive, Pleasanton, CA 94588. Acceptance will be first come, first served since space is limited to displaying 16 pieces of hanging art. Download application HERE.
Entry fee: $15 PAL members, $20 non-members, checks payable PAL
Number of Entries: One or two hangable pieces
Entry Deadline: Registration and Fee must be postmarked by Friday, November 22, 2019
Receiving: Monday, December 2, 2019, 5:00 to 6:00 P.M.
Pickup: Monday, December 30, 2019, 5:00 to 6:00 P.M.
Sales: Twenty percent (20%) commission of sales go to PAL.
- Maximum Size: 18” by 24”
- Artwork must be sole work of the submitting artist – not a copy of other art or photograph or a product of class or supervised work.
- Artwork must be properly framed or have finished edges and mounted with flat mountings (D rings). No eye hook or saw tooth hangers or poster or Lucite clip frames will be accepted.
- Insurance on work is artist’s responsibility. PAL and Livermore Community Center will not be held responsible for loss or damage during handling or exhibit.
- Artwork must be left on display for exhibit duration. If sold, it will be given to buyer on December 30, 2019 unless otherwise arranged.
Information: Marion Huff, email@example.com or 925 699-4038
Note from Marion: “This is a chance to let your multi media creativity run wild. We have had interesting exhibits in the past. Let’s keep up our good work.”
Art and Kids, A Classic Combination
PAL is looking for artists who enjoy working with kids and art. There are several City venues who are interested in working with PAL/LAA members in the development of art programs and projects for children. These venues include the Aviso Adobe and the Museum on Main. Events include the Adobe Spring Festival in Pleasanton, the Ignite Art and Innovation in Pleasanton, and Splatter in Dublin. Age groups elementary through high school will be considered. The timing could be ongoing, seasonal, or event-specific. Tri-valley parents support the arts and are always looking for ways to get their kids involved. PAL and LAA have the knowledge to provide great programming in the visual arts while strengthening our valuable relationships with these treasured City sites. If you think you might be interested in future projects of this sort, please send an email to Beth Okurowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) who is compiling a list.
Other Upcoming Shows
Earlier Than the Bird Holiday Art Fair Saturday, November 23 from 7:00 to 11:00 am in the Bankhead Theater Lobby. This event takes place during Livermore Downtown Inc’s Earlier Than the Bird Shopping event. Holiday Art Fair , bothwell.lvpac.org or 925 447-ARTS.
The Next LAA Spring Art Show will be April 4 & 5, 2020 with Receiving on April 2. Save the dates! Details in the next several Portfolios. LAA is happy to announce that the LAA Spring Show will be supported in part by a grant from the City of Livermore Commission for the Arts. Show chair Christine McCall.
LAA Show Dates 2020
- LAA Spring Art Show, the Barn, April 4-5, 2020
- Essential Figure Show, May 1, 2, 3, 2020
- Woman’s Photography Show, Library, Month of May, 2020
- Art in the Vineyard, May 24, 2020
- Paint Livermore Plein Air, June 5-6-7, 2020
- LAA Library Show, Month of September, 2020
Hagemann Ranch Holiday Celebration would like to invite artists and craftspersons to set up their work on November 24 at their event. Tables will be available for vendors and artists in the Red Barn or outside depending on the weather. There will be live music, Santa, a piñata and a Diwali display. Tables are free but they ask that 10% of any sales be donated to the service providers on the ranch. The events go from 1:00 to 4:00 pm. The historic Hagemann Ranch is run by the Livermore Heritage Guild and is located at 455 Olivina Ave., Livermore. www.lhg.org/Site_Hagemann/Hagemann_Ranch.html. Note from Barbara Soules: “We love having LAA represented at the events and hope some more members will decide to come.” Barbara’s phone number is 925 667-6677.
Art Trax, third Saturdays of every month, Old Town Pittsburg: a gathering of artists, makers and performers who come to sell their work and connect with a creative community. Contact Erin Mahollitz, Creative Pittsburg at email@example.com.