Hosted by PAL
PAL Members Show, Registration now due by October 29!
The 14th Annual PAL Members Show
Please note reception date change to Saturday November 13!
- Registration Form NOW due by October 29!
- Theme: “Above it All”
- Registration Form: HERE
- Receiving: November 2, 11:00 to 1:00.
- Reception & Awards: Saturday, November 13 from 2:00 to 5:00 PM; Awards at 4:00 PM.
- Show open from November 6 to December 18 but hours are limited. Hours during the exhibit are Thursdays: 10:00 to noon, Fridays: 3:00 to 5:00, and Saturdays: 11:00 to 3:00.
Firehouse Art Center, 4444 Railroad Ave., Pleasanton. The Firehouse phone number is (925) 931-4848.
Future PAL events to check back here for:
- PAL MOM Show 2022
- PAL’s Pals 2022
PAL artists – invitation to apply:
PAL artists are invited to apply to display and perform their art outside of Studio Seven Arts gallery on Friday and Saturday nights during ‘Weekend On Main’ in downtown Pleasanton, April 30 – Sept 6, 2021 from 5-8p.m. The gallery can accommodate two to three artists (PAL and Studio 7 gallery artists) each of those weekends outside of the gallery, who will interact with potential customers and hopefully make a few sales.
Screening will be conducted by the Studio Seven Arts staff. They will make their selection based on skill and sale-ability of the art. All sales will need to go through the gallery – Pleasanton city requirement. The gallery will charge 20% of the retail sale to cover their costs.
Please send an email to Dirk Christiansen at email@example.com with 3-5 jpeg images and a very brief bio that will be used on social media postings. Please use the subject heading: “PAL invitation”. Also let the gallery know of your dates of availability.
This is also an opportunity for PAL to have a table outside the gallery to answer questions about PAL from the public, so we will also need an additional 2-3 members per weekend to man the table (I figured an extra person for breaks). If you are interested in this job, please send a separate email to Beth Okurowski firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know your dates of availability.
For more information on Pleasanton ‘Weekend on Main’:
Tri Valley Artist Studio Tour – TVAST – November 12-14
An update on what’s happening:
- Over 15 Venues: Bothwell Arts Center, Frame Co, The Firehouse, Springtown Arts Center and many Private Homes with multiple Artists. There’s room for you to join us! Bothwell has LOTS of space – Contact Anne Giancola – Small Fee. Firehouse has a few spaces for PAL artists – no fee – 20% commission. FrameCo has a couple spaces for DAC artists. Join DAC! Springtown ArtsCenter has some room- especially for a ceramicist. Several Private homes may have space available – contact Dennis.
- Preview Evening Show Hosted by Darcie Kent Winery !! – 11 Nov. Show dates are still 13 and 14 November – Online and in-Person
- Private teachers can show their students’ work for only $10 each. All local Tri-Valley High Schools have been invited to show for free. Las Positas Art Students are invited to show for free.
- Last day to signup to get name/venue in catalog for printing is August 15th. Entry Fee jumps to $100 starting May 1. You can signup all the way to Nov 1.
And to sign up… TVAST SignUp Link
Here’s the AVA Website where TVAST lives- check it out and see some of the artists who are showing. Follow us on Instagram. We are planning some exciting new virtual technologies for the show that we hope you will want to try with us. For details click this link… TVAST Details.
ArtWalk Livermore is Saturday Oct 9. Artists: contact Bothwell ASAP if you want to join ArtWalk for the Tri Valley’s premiere one-day art festival. Art lovers: Save the date for the 20th anniversary of ArtWalk. 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. https://bothwelllvpac.wixsite.com/artwalk
Registration for ArtWalk Livermore 2021 is Now Open! ArtWalk is Saturday, October 9. Join us for a day filled with art, camaraderie and sales. New to ArtWalk? Try it out – it’s fun! Information: https://bothwelllvpac.wixsite.com/artwalk
Contra Costa Plein Air is a friendly group of artists who get together to paint at scenic locations all around the Bay Area and beyond. Our schedule is random, with dates inspired by the weather forecast. New artists are always welcome! There is no fee to participate. Find us on Facebook at Contra Costa Plein Air, or to receive paint-out invitations by e-mail contact Nancy Roberts at email@example.com. Photo at right is Iris Sabre at a Contra Costa Plein Air paint-out in Brentwood.
Interested in Plein Air Painting? We are lucky to have a Jade Fon plein air painting group in this area that continues the tradition started by famous California painter, Jade Fon Woo. This group meets regularly most Saturdays at pre-arranged locations throughout the Bay Area and is open to all. Contact Becky Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation or to join the group.
Jade Fon (1911-1983): The founder of a well-known watercolor workshop in Asilomar, California, Jade Fon became a California plein-air painter whose work combined Oriental influences and regionalism called “California Style.” His subjects range from cityscapes to wildlife in natural surroundings. He initiated plein-air painting classes and groups wherever he lived, and we are the lucky recipients of his tradition in our area. He was born in San Jose, California, was raised in Winslow, Arizona, and attended the University of Arizona at Flagstaff before continuing his higher education at the University of New Mexico. In the 1930s, he moved back to California where he attended the Art Students League in Los Angeles and exhibited with the California Water Color Society. In the art world, he was called “Jade Fon”, although his full name was Jade Fon Woo.