Upcoming Pleasanton Art League Shows
SAVE THE DATE:
The Pleasanton Art League (PAL) is hosting it’s second annual Plein-Air painting competition:
“PAINT PLEASANTON 2019”
September 20, 21 and 22, 2019
Paint one of the many historic and scenically beautiful locations in the City of Pleasanton and surrounding areas.
For information contact: Diana Hostetter or Lorraine Wells at PALPleinAir@comcast.net
- Click HERE to print the Prospectus.
- Click HERE to print Entry Form.
- Click HERE to print painting locations.
- Click HERE for a parking map.
Pleasanton Art League’s
October 2019 Mixed Media Exhibit
October 1, 2019 through October 31, 2019
Livermore Community Center, 4444 East Avenue, Livermore
Registration: Fill out application, copy for your records, and send with fee to: PAL Mixed Media Exhibit, ℅ Marion Huff, 7442 Stonedale Drive, Pleasanton, CA 94588. Acceptance will be first come, first served since space is limited to displaying 15 pieces of hanging art. Download application HERE.
Entry fee: $15 PAL members, $20 non-members, and checks payable to PAL
Number of Entries: One or two hang-able pieces
Entry Deadline: Registration and Fee must be postmarked by September 21, 2019
Receiving: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 5:00 to 6:00 P.M.
Pickup: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 5:00 to 6:00 P.M.
Sales: Twenty percent (20%) commission of sales go to PAL.
- Maximum Size: 18” by 24”
- Artwork must be sole work of the submitting artist – not a copy of other art or photograph or a product of class or supervised work.
- Artwork must be properly framed or have finished edges and mounted with flat mountings (D rings). No eye hook or saw tooth hangers or poster or Lucite clip frames will be accepted.
- Insurance on work is artist’s responsibility. PAL and Livermore Community Center will not be held responsible for loss or damage during handling or exhibit.
- Artwork must be left on display for exhibit duration. If sold, it will be given to buyer on October 31 unless otherwise arranged.
Information: Marion Huff, firstname.lastname@example.org or 925 699-4038
Note from Marion: “The name has changed from Mixed Media Show to Mixed Media Exhibit. The venue only holds 15 pieces, and standard show events such as a judge and awards do not make sense. Still, this exhibit is a chance to show one or two of your pieces in a beautiful space for a month, create name recognition and perhaps even sell one. We had a wonderful October exhibit last year, and I am grateful to everyone who participated.”
Pleasanton Art League’s
Members Show at the Firehouse
November 8 to December 19
The PAL Firehouse Show is not until November, but it will be here before you know it! Pat Smith is the chairperson yet again and has show planning down to a science.
PAL Show Volunteers: Attention all artists who want to volunteer at the Firehouse during the PAL show. You will have to go to a brief orientation. There will be dates announced later; however, if you want to be on the list to get advance notice, please email Pat Smith at email@example.com. However, the artists that attended an orientation last year do not have to attend another one.
- Registration Required by October 15, 2019
- Receiving: Wednesday (not Thursday), October 30, 11:00 to 1:00 (Entry form mistakenly lists Thursday.)
- Exhibit Opens: Friday, November 8 at noon
- Artwork Returned: December 19, 11:00 to 1:00
- Exhibit Dates: November 8 to December 18
- Opening Reception, Thursday, November 7, 6:00 to 8:00
- Exhibit Ends: December 18, 5:00 pm
Art and Kids, A Classic Combination
PAL is looking for artists who enjoy working with kids and art. There are several City venues who are interested in working with PAL/LAA members in the development of art programs and projects for children. These venues include the Aviso Adobe and the Museum on Main. Events include the Adobe Spring Festival in Pleasanton, the Ignite Art and Innovation in Pleasanton, and Splatter in Dublin. Age groups elementary through high school will be considered. The timing could be ongoing, seasonal, or event-specific. Tri-valley parents support the arts and are always looking for ways to get their kids involved. PAL and LAA have the knowledge to provide great programming in the visual arts while strengthening our valuable relationships with these treasured City sites. If you think you might be interested in future projects of this sort, please send an email to Beth Okurowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) who is compiling a list.
Other Upcoming Shows
Art Trax, third Saturdays of every month, Old Town Pittsburg: a gathering of artists, makers and performers who come to sell their work and connect with a creative community. Contact Erin Mahollitz, Creative Pittsburg at email@example.com.