PAL MOM Show, Imagination Expressed 2022
At Museum on Main, 503 Main Street, Pleasanton
From January 12 to March 26.
Hours 10:00 to 4:00 Tuesday through Saturday.
Art Demos to attend during the show HERE.
Information: www.museumonmain.org or call 925 462-2766.
MOM Show in the news HERE
The 2022 Museum/PAL show Imagination Expressed opened on January 12th with a wonderful variety of over one hundred pieces of art which included oil and acrylic paintings, pencil drawings, photography, ceramics, jewelry, and other works. Our judge, John Tullis selected 4 pieces as Merit awards and 10 pieces as Honorable Mention awards. He will attend our Zoom General Meeting on February 14th where he will comment on the winning pieces which will be displayed in a slide show. Winning artists will receive gift certificates and ribbons. Since the virus prevents us from having a live reception at this time, gift certificates will be mailed to the winners and their ribbons will be placed next to their art in the museum.
2022 PAL MOM Show Winners
Merit Awards (alpha by title)
- “Coming Through” by Usha Shukla (oil on canvas)
- “Missing You Already” by Rita Sklar (watercolor)
- “Night Flight” by Lisa Rigge (color photography)
- “Prendi il Cotello” by Janeen Heath (acrylic on canvas)
Honorable Mentions (alpha by title)
- “Balance of Nature” by Deepti Saraswat (acrylic on paper)
- “Cathedral Shadows” by Carole Hilton (digital photography)
- “China Camp” by Nancy Roberts (acrylic on canvas)
- “Dream Land” by Tejal Shah (resin)
- “Graylodge” by Ron Rigge (archival photography)
- “Julie’s Kite” by Christine Bourg (colored pencil)
- “Kegnaes Lighthouse” by Karen Barry (linocut)
- “Tulips #3” by Buffy Davis (photography)
- “Waiting” by John DeVilliers (colored pencil)
- “Without a Trace” by Robert Nicolosi (acrylic)
Our judge, John Tullis
John Tullis is a native Californian who loves everything about his state. Through his love of observing and imagining the world around him he creates landscapes, coastal scenes, city scenes and more. He’s witnessed massive changes over the decades and has learned to adapt. As a visual artist he sees beauty everywhere, without judgement. He studied graphic design in college and worked in the printing industry for forty years. His second career began 15 years ago when he became an oil painter. His third career is teaching basic drawing and design principles at the Lynn House Gallery in Antioch.
Notes for participants
- Due to Covid protocol the reception for this show will be rescheduled to the end of the show when we hope to be able to go without masks. (Reception was previously scheduled for March 15, 2 to 4 PM.)
- March 26 – Show ends at 4 PM
- March 28 – Take down and pick up of art will be, after 4 PM, or March 29, 10 AM – noon
Firehouse Arts Center
Firehouse Art Center, 4444 Railroad Ave., Pleasanton. The Firehouse phone number is (925) 931-4848.
A limit of 12 people will be allowed in the space at a time and social distancing rules will be in place. All attendees will be asked to wear face coverings.
Current Harrington Gallery Exhibit
California Watercolor Association 52nd National Exhibition
The Nancy Thompson Memorial Wall
Art in Place
Visit the Harrington Gallery Virtual Show Art in Place firehousearts.org/gallery/art-in-place/
Opening Reception for “Double Take – Art & Literature Together” is Saturday, January 22 from 1:00 to 3:30. The reception is free and open to the public and will be a delightful afternoon of poetry readings that pair with the art on display. The exhibit continues until March 27 and is open Thursdays through Sundays 1:00 to 5:00. Bankhead Theater Gallery, 2400 First St. Livermore. Please check with Box Office to confirm Opening Reception date which may vary due to pandemic issues. livermorearts.org/visual-arts-2/
LAA Gallery News
Message from Gallery Director
“Our Gallery artists are looking forward to a New Year. We’ve welcomed 4 new members this past year and said farewell to 3 more. Our list of art shows has expanded and showcases Gallery members and some guest artists. We plan to join the Livermore Valley Made campaign in this new year as well, so hold on!” Peggy Kervin
Open Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays, 11:30 to 3:30 and Sundays, 10:00 to 2:00. Upstairs in the Carnegie Building 2155-3rd Street, Livermore – 925 449-9927 www.livermoreartassociation.org
2022 Gallery Dates:
- February 12,13 – Valentines Specials
- April 9,10 – April Showers Bring May Flowers
- May 1 weekend – Pre-Mother’s Day Sales
- August 14 – Art In The Park
- September 25 – Jewelry and Wearable Art Show
- December 3,4 – Christmas Event