LAA & PALCalendar Events
- May 1-31 PAL’s Pal Youth Art Show (Virtual)
- June 4, 5 & 6, LAA’s Paint Livermore – Carnegie Park & all over & around town!
- Zoom General Meeting Monday June 14, 7:30 – Learn more HERE
- Summer Portfolio Deadline: June 15
- LAA Gallery’s Art In The Park – August 15, from 10 to 3 in the Carnegie Park.
- LAA’s “Spring” Art Show – September 11-12, at the Bothwell Arts Center
- Essential Figure Show – September 24-26 at the Bothwell Arts Center
- Wearable Art & Jewelry Trunk Show – September 26 at the Gallery at same time as Altamont Cruisers Nostalgia Day Car Show
- Paint Pleasanton: September 25 and 26 (Saturday and Sunday)
- TVAST (Tri Valley Artist Open Studios) – November 13 & 14
Alamo Danville Artists Society presents a pastel watercolor demonstration by artist Samantha McNally” at their General Meeting Tuesday, June 8th, 7:30-9:30 pm at the Alamo Women’s Club at 1401 Danville Blvd., Alamo, CA. www.adas4art.org. This event is Free & Open to the Public.
California Arts Advocates
We Put the Art in ReStArt: We cannot wait any longer, we must act now and urge the Newsom Administration and California Legislature to recognize the disproportionate impact to California’s Creative Industries due to the COVID Pandemic and the state mandated closures and to value the impact of the arts, culture and creative sector to power community engagement, social cohesion, wellness, healing, and state and local economies. In our many meetings with legislative offices, the majority have shared they are not hearing from the arts. We know it is hard to add advocacy to your already long list of priorities, but we will try to make it as simple as possible. For the complete newsletter and links so you an send a letter to the Governor, contact Julie Baker by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO NOT FORWARD YOUR CONSTANT CONTACT MESSAGES!
If you did forward something to a friend, you may be reading this now at a friend’s house or the Gallery, or some other public place, but not in your InBox. Constant Contact is a service set up for members only. PAL & LAA submit email addresses of their members to Constant Contact & that’s how our electronic version of the Portfolio is sent out, as well as reminders of meetings & shows & special bulletins. If you suspect that you have forwarded one of these messages, you have been unsubscribed! You will need to follow the rather complicated procedure to reapply! It is much easier to just not forward any of the information that comes to you from Constant Contact. If you need or want to forward a message, please contact Norma Webb or Gene Gracey to obtain the original copy.
A.R.T. Inc., Adobe Art Center, 20395 San Miguel Ave., Castro Valley. Demonstrations are open to everyone and are free.
A.R.T. Inc. Also Sponsors Art Space: 2:00 to 4:00 pm, first and third Saturdays of the month 20395 San Miguel Ave., Castro Valley. Redwood Painting & Drawing Studio. $5 drop in fee, pay at the door. Information: Valerie Snart, email@example.com.