Welcome to the Pleasanton Art League
Our neighboring city of Tracy is home to the Grand Theater Center for the Arts. Join us for an interactive discussion with William Wilson, Cultural Arts Supervisor. This is an opportunity to get an insider view of one of the few facilities of its kind in the US. His topics will include the relationships between artists and their communities.
The classical Grand Theater opened on August 11, 1923. It has been historically renovated to once again offer live performances of all kinds as well as multi-media presentations and cinema. This municipal interdisciplinary arts center offers professional and community-based fine arts programming through arts education, exhibitions, performances and rentals of all kinds, in a single complex, and is one of only a small network of similar facilities in America.
Mr. Wilson will share insights into the operation and programming of the 37,000-square-foot interdisciplinary arts center that houses two theaters (including the historic Grand), three art galleries, and nine specialized studio classrooms. There will be a Q&A period. https://atthegrand.org.
- Start 7:30 PM, Monday June 14
- Updates from the Dublin Arts Collective President Sawsan Wolski, Pleasanton Art League President Beth Okurowski and Livermore Art Association President Clark Streeter
- Introducing James Morehead, Dublin’s new Poet Laureate
- Opportunity in Nevada City by Lila J. Reyna/ Jill Brodd
- TriValley Artists Studio Tour (TVAST) update Dennis Baker
- Artists Enrichment Workshops Update Alka Vaidya
- The Grand – The Making & Development of a Successful Arts Center in the 21st Century” by William Wilson [20 min]
Meeting ID: 868 2508 9065