The Pleasanton Art League Proudly Presents
A Two Day Watercolor Workshop With Artist, Jeannie Vodden
Firehouse Art Center, 4444 Railroad Avenue, Pleasanton, CA
March 2 and 3, 2019, Saturday and Sunday, 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Jeannie is a popular instructor of watercolor. She has taught workshops throughout California, Wyoming and Washington State for over 20 years. She enjoys demonstrating her watercolor techniques to art and community organizations. For several years she has demonstrated in the “California Works” Fine Art Show at the California State Fair, sharing her work and talking to visitors of the well-regarded fine art venue.
See additional work by Jeannie at: jeannievodden.com. You can also find her on Facebook at Jeannie Vodden’s Art Studio and on Instagram.
Workshop Title: Portraits and Steampunk
Each artist has a unique approach to watercolor painting. This workshop will help you build and strengthen your watercolor painting skills whether you’re a painting of portraits or of fantasies. This workshop will help you see the design structure in your paintings and by using glazes and many transparent layers.
Limited to 24 participants, this workshop will sell out FAST!
(A waiting list will be started when the workshop reaches 24 participants).
The workshop fee is $225 for the early bird price before February 15, 2019 or $235 after that.
- To register on line, go to www.palworkshop2019.eventbrite.com. The EventBrite website will not be activated until January 15, 2019.
- By Mail: Please provide name, address, phone, email address and mail with your check or money order payable to the Pleasanton Art League, c/o Workshops, P. O. Box 23, Pleasanton, CA 94566.
A Workshop Material & Supplies List will be mailed to you when your registration is completed.
PAL Workshop Policies
- All balance due checks must be received 30 days before the first day of a workshop.
- No refunds will be given after the workshop begins.
- Cancellations are accepted prior to 30 days before the workshop less the $50 administrative fee.
- Cancellations which find a replacement before the workshop starts will be refunded less a $25 fee.
- Emergencies will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
- All cancellations MUST be in writing by letter or email and be acknowledged.
- PAL reserves the right to cancel workshops due to insufficient enrollment or any reason beyond their control; all funds will be retuned.
- Additional fees for models or materials may be needed in addition to the workshop fee.
Other Classes and Workshops
The Young Artists’ Studio has openings in its 2018 – 2019 school year art classes for ages 7 through high school. Peggy Frank has been an art instructor in the Livermore Valley for many years.
Contact her at 925 443-8755 or email email@example.com.
Nancy Roberts, Acrylic Workshop Series this Fall at Delta Gallery in Brentwood. Dates and themes are: September 6: Drawing and Design, September 20: Light and Shadow, November 15: Color Fundamentals and November 29: Creative Color. Class fee is $45 per day. For details and online registration visit www.deltagallery.com/ acrylic-painting.
“Do Your Own Thing Among Other Enthusiastic Artists Workshop” (Say that fast 3 times): This workshop is where artists work at their own pace, with the art medium of their choice, in a fun, relaxed environment with other artists. (Artists helping artists.) This group provides a forum for artists and art enthusiasts to exchange ideas and their expertise while working independently on their own projects. Classes meet Tuesdays from 9:30 am to 12:00 pm at Livermore Adult School. Class facilitated by Lorraine Wells, 925 833- 1049 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Information at www.livermoreadulted.schoolloop.com or register in person at Livermore Adult Education, 1401 Almond Ave. Livermore CA 94550.
Maryann Kot, Colored Pencil Classes: Several classes beginning in September at the Bothwell Arts Center, 2466 8th Street, Livermore. Contact email@example.com for complete schedule & information or to sign up.