Pleasanton Art League Proudly Presents
a 2-Day Pastel Workshop
Featuring Tina Moore
Firehouse Art Center, 4444 Railroad Avenue, Pleasanton, CA
October 27 and 28, 2018
Saturday & Sunday, 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Tina Moore is a Signature Member of the Pastel Society of America, the Sierra Pastel Society, and a Distinguished Pastellist with the Pastel Society of the West Coast. Tina enjoys teaching workshops and offering demonstrations in pastels and pastel portraiture. See additional work by Tina’s at: www.tinamoore.com
Portraits, Wildlife & Animals
This workshop will help you build and strengthen your portrait painting skills whether you’re painting a human, wildlife or an animal as your subject. Each artist has a unique approach to portrait painting, and this workshop will help you see the design structure in your painting and use value and color to bring life to your work. The goal will be to use these skills and refine the features so you will find the excitement of seeing a likeness emerge.
This workshop will sell-out FAST!
The workshop is limited to the first 20 Participants.
(A waiting list will be started when the workshop reaches 20 Participants).
The workshop fee is $220 our early bird price before October 15, 2019 or $235 after that.
- To register on line, go to www.palworkshop2018.eventbrite.com. EventBrite website will not be activated until September 1, 2018.
- To register by mail: Please provide name, address, phone, email address and mail with your check or money order payable to the Pleasanton Art League, c/o Workshops, P. O. Box 23, Pleasanton, CA 94566.
A Workshop Material & Supplies List will be mailed to you when your registration is completed. For more information, contact Linda or George Garbarino 925 462-8779 or email email@example.com
Download Workshop flyer here.
PAL Workshop Policies
- All balance due checks must be received 30 days before the first day of a workshop.
- No refunds will be given after the workshop begins.
- Cancellations are accepted prior to 30 days before the workshop less the $50 administrative fee.
- Cancellations which find a replacement before the workshop starts will be refunded less a $25 fee.
- Emergencies will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
- All cancellations MUST be in writing by letter or email and be acknowledged.
- PAL reserves the right to cancel workshops due to insufficient enrollment or any reason beyond their control; all funds will be retuned.
- Additional fees for models or materials may be needed in addition to the workshop fee.
Other Classes and Workshops
“Do Your Own Thing Among Other Enthusiastic Artists Workshop” (Say that fast 3 times): This workshop is where artists work at their own pace, with the art medium of their choice, in a fun, relaxed environment with other artists. (Artists helping artists.) This group provides a forum for artists and art enthusiasts to exchange ideas and their expertise while working independently on their own projects. Classes meet Tuesdays from 9:30 am to 12:00 pm at Livermore Adult School. Class facilitated by Lorraine Wells, 925 833- 1049 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Information at www.livermoreadulted.schoolloop.com or register in person at Livermore Adult Education, 1401 Almond Ave. Livermore CA 94550.
Linda Beach, Watercolor Classes at Livermore Community Center. Autumn Watercolor Painting: using the colors of the season as inspiration to discover the magic of watercolor. Explore techniques, color mixing, and composition. All levels. Tuesdays, 7:00 to 9:00 pm, October 23 to November 13, Acrylic Impressionist Painting: Find your inspiration using the work of the impressionists. Loosen up and try your hand at painting using thick brush strokes, color, and acrylic paint with guided projects and personal expression. All levels. Thursdays, 7:00 to 9:00 pm October 25 to November 15. To Register call 925 373-5700. Fee is $103 for four classes. Suggested supply lists available.
Maryann Kot, Colored Pencil Classes: Several classes beginning in September at the Bothwell Arts Center, 2466 8th Street, Livermore. Contact email@example.com for complete schedule & information or to sign up.
Bothwell Arts Center Classes Below (and more), 2466 8th Street, Livermore: Visit bothwell.lvpac.org or call 925 447-2787.
- Selling Your Art Workshop: Saturday, September 8, 10 am to 12 noon. Packed with useful information for all artists who want to sell their work. San Francisco art coach Martha Zlatar presents tips, ideas and to-do list for selling your art.
- Write Happy: Journaling to Clear the Mind. Journaling Workshop at the Bothwell, Sept 29 and October 21.
- On-Going Art Classes in Acrylic, Oil, Watercolor, Colored Pencil and Calligraphy.
- Argentine Tango: New fall classes start- ing up Fridays.