Pleasanton Art League’s
1st Annual Plein-Air Painting Competition
Theme: “PAINT PLEASANTON 2018″
September 22 and 23, 2018
Registration begins Friday, September 21st from 5:00 PM– 7:00 PM and on Saturday, Sept. 22nd from 6:30 AM to 12:00 PM at the Museum on Main Street located at 603 Main Street, Pleasanton. This is an open competition. Prospectus and Registration Form
- Entry painting surface must be presented for marking at registration
Number of Entries: 1 entry maximum per artist
Awards Presented: Sunday, September 23rd
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Paintings must be placed on easels on the front lawn of Museum on Main for judging
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM Presentation of awards to winning artists and Sales
Entry Fees: $30 ($20 PAL and LAA members)
- All entry fees to be paid by cash or check only at time of registration
Awards: 3 Awards totaling $350.
Judge: Mark Mertens
Pick Up Unsold Artwork: Sunday, September 23rd at 4:00 PM- 5:00 PM. Artwork not picked up at that time will be subject to $5/day fee
Sales: 30% commission on all sales (20% to Pleasanton Art League / 10% to Museum on Main). All sales to be processed by PAL.
- Artist must bring their own easel for display, judging, and sales
- Artwork must be painted on September 22nd and 23rd Subject matter to be of Pleasanton area. A list of suggested painting sites is posted HERE and will also be available at time of registration.
- Original watercolor paintings must be matted.
- No size limitation
- Framing not required
- No artwork may be removed before 4:00 PM, Sunday, September 23rd. Artists must collect their unsold art between 4:00 – 5:00.
Chairperson: Diana Hostetter (PALPleinAir@comcast.net)
Please note that Farmer’s Market is active on Saturday morning. Early registration is recommended. See Parking Map for parking suggestions.
Submit completed registration form with fee at time of registration.
Pleasanton Art League’s
October 2018 Mixed Media Exhibit
October 1, 2018 through October 31, 2018
Livermore Community Center, 4444 East Avenue, Livermore
Registration: Fill out application, copy for your records, and send with fee to: PAL Mixed Media Exhibit, ℅ Marion Huff, 7442 Stonedale Drive, Pleasanton, CA 94588. Acceptance will be first come, first served since space is limited to displaying 15 pieces of hanging art. Download application HERE.
Entry fee: $15 PAL members, $20 non-members, checks payable to PAL
Number of Entries: One or two hangable pieces
Entry Deadline: Registration and Fee must be postmarked by September 21, 2018
Receiving: Monday, October 1, 2018, 5:00 to 7:00 P.M.
Pickup: Wednesday, October 31, 2018, 5:00 to 7:00 P.M.
Sales: Twenty percent (20%) commission of sales go to PAL.
- Maximum Size: 18” by 24”
- Artwork must be sole work of the submitting artist – not a copy of other art or photograph or a product of class or supervised work.
- Artwork must be properly framed or have finished edges and mounted with flat mountings (D rings). No eye hook or sawtooth hangers or poster or Lucite clip frames will be accepted.
- Insurance on work is artist’s responsibility. PAL and Livermore Community Center will not be held responsible for loss or damage during handling or exhibit.
- Artwork must be left on display for exhibit duration. If sold, it will be given to buyer on October 31 unless otherwise arranged.
Information: Marion Huff, email@example.com or 925 699-4038
Note from Marion: “The name has changed from Mixed Media Show to Mixed Media Exhibit. The venue only holds 15 pieces, and standard show events such as a reception, judge and awards do not make sense. Still, this exhibit is a chance to show one or two of your pieces in a beautiful space for a month, create name recognition and perhaps even sell one. We had a wonderful November exhibit last year, and I am grateful to everyone who participated.”
Pleasanton Art League’s
10th Annual Fall Members’ Exhibit at the Firehouse
Theme “Hues and Textures”
November 9, 2018 through December 15, 2018
Harrington Gallery, Firehouse Arts Center, 4444 Railroad Ave., Pleasanton, CA
PAL membership by October 22 required for entry.
Learn how to join PAL to participate HERE.
Get started on your artwork! One entry per PAL member. Not all entries need reflect theme “Hues and Textures” but awards will include a theme award. See entry form for other requirements and opportunities to demo and volunteer.
Download entry form HERE.
Dates to Remember:
- Registration and Fee must be postmarked by October 22, 2018
- Receiving: Thursday, November 1, 11:00 to 1:00 pm
- Opening Reception and Awards: Thursday, November 8, 6:00 to 8:00 pm
- Show open to public: November 9 to December 15
- Show hours: Wed-Fri 12 – 5 PM, Sat 11 am to 3 pm
- Artwork pick-up: Tuesday, December 18, 1 to 3 pm
Coming up this year: PAL Mixed Media December 2018 Exhibit at the Robert Livermore Community Center. Check here for details and entry form as it becomes available.
Other Upcoming Shows
CALLING ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS! This is a reminder that the Livermore Art Association is organizing a photography show at the Bankhead Theater this November. The theme of the show is “Passageways, Boundaries and Transitions”. Entries will be digitally juried into the show, and Mark Citret, a nationally known photographer, will judge the entries for cash awards. All entries are due by October 15th. (Show is open to non-LAA members also.) The application is online at www.livermoreartassociation.org/call-for-artists-.html. Volunteers needed for refreshments and hanging. If you have any questions or want to volunteer, please contact Ron Rigge at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa Rigge at email@example.com.
Art in Action at Hagemann Ranch: The Livermore Heritage Guild manages the Hagemann Ranch which is at 455 Olivina Ave., Livermore. They invite artists to demonstrate their art at the Ranch Open Houses which take place on the last Sunday of every month from March through November. There are lots of subjects to inspire you. Several artists took part last year. A sign up poster is behind the counter at the LAA Gallery, or you can sign up by emailing Barbara Soules at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art Trax, third Saturdays of every month, Old Town Pittsburg: a gathering of artists, makers and performers who come to sell their work and connect with a creative community. Contact Erin Mahollitz, Creative Pittsburg at email@example.com.